Thursday, September 11, 2014

North Shore Hike-n-Camp adventure!

Sandy took a few days off and we headed west to hike a few days on the Superior Hiking trail.  This is on the north shore of the lake and NE of Duluth and really part of the North Country Trail.  Best thing was my pal Dave was coming along!  
This post will be photos taken over day 1.
First stop was a FS campground north of Tofte MN.
Arly gets a fire going with help from the Dragon.

This one is trail mutt approved!

The Temperance river was just down the hill from our CG.


We visited the only other campers here who were hikers
and from Duluth.  Ya, you can pet me.

The next morning we met Dave! I was so glad to see him!

Sandy brought some chocolate cake. Is this like the last supper??

Hey you people, let's get loaded and going!

These two legged people are slow so I lead them out.

We head north from the Lutsen ski area trail head.
For this adventure, they made me carry my
own kibble and garbage as it was accumulated.


See the blue blaze painted on this rock?
If you click the photo, it will be enlarged.

This trail is rugged and not for whimps!


Our first of many overlooks to be seen today.

Now we scramble down.

I take a cool dip.


Oh ya, another overlook.


The blazes were pretty rustic here.


This is what trail mutts are all about.


Let's fill out the hiker register!

It's another pretty overlook.

We move along.

We finally make it to camp at Lake Agnes!

Dave filters water, heck I just drink it.  Why don't you?

Chipmunk hunting here was great!

OK, after camp was setup, we headed to a spur trail
 to see yet another overlook.

Some exotic stairs made here to descend these rocks.



We did find dead-falls across the trail.

And roots.


We finally make the overlook!
We spied bald eagles here!
 

Oh ya we get back to camp and have dinner.

























I carried my own kibble for this adventure.


We toast a great day on the trail.
More posts to follow with photos!  My pack is busy with fall trail work so it will take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment