Saturday, September 13, 2014

North Shore Hike-n-Camp adventure day III

Oh ya. Here we go on our 3rd day on the trail.
Hey uncle Dave, can you help me with my pack?

Starting before we got to camp and continuing after there,
we hiked through a blow-down area

Arly steps up for a better view.


 



Here's a rooty section.  Soon after here we left
our packs and hiked down a spur trail to see some falls.


We hiked along the rivers edge to get here.

Ya uncle Dave, no-one ever touches me.
 
We bumped into some friendly hikers! 
Ya, you can scratch me some!
Like I said earlier, no-one ever does that.

This section and many today,
are best done with all-paw drive.

If you used all four, you'd go faster!


Dave don't need no stink'n bridge!

Trout Creek was a  nice lunch spot, and apparently also good for sunning yourself.

Me and Sandy cooled our paws off.
She's finally listening to me! This is refreshing.

Uncle Dave took a nap here.
Maybe going under the bridge wore him out?
 
The 2-leggeds slowly inched up the steep climb out of the canyon.

Arly found a seat cut in an old white pine log.

 

Me and Sandy looked down on the Cascade River.


Almost to North Cascade River camp!

The 2-leggeds insist on filtering...I drink directly from the river.

Uncle Dave is worried about bears and racoons...I'll keep an eye out.

Sandy helps get the food up and safe.

This was such a nice camp.

Although, by dark, I was very sleepy from our busy, busy day hiking.


No comments:

Post a Comment