Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sisu bridge repairs and trenching with students!

Over the past few weeks, Mark, Sam and Arly have been repairing Sisu bridge.
This beam had broke this past spring
and Mark is cutting it off.

Now he's attaching a new beam to it.

The intermediate supports had also failed and
now the've been replaced.
 Later cross memmebers got added to this.
Sam and Mark are replacing the decking.
Most of the old stuff got put back.

What would we do without these two??!!
Done!  It looks like it's new again!

But the remaining beams are in poor condtion
so they recomend this bridge's replacment in two years.


































































































Today was "Make A Difference Day" and some Tech students came by to visit me and of course clean some ditches out in Swedetown Creek gorge.
Oh ya, I like to see trail work get done like this.

All of these folks are PT students at Tech

At a different location, guys from the Sigma Pi fraternity
work on ditches.

I supervised.
 
 
Oh ya!  No-one has touched me all week!


OK, now we're getting silly..
 

With these ditches cleaned out, that helps keep
water off the trails and in great condtion.


I love these guys!
 
Is he falling off?


I hope you guys come out and see me again!


We had so much fun today!


No comments:

Post a Comment