Saturday, June 8, 2013

Latest first ride of the season ever!

Can you believe it? The pack finally got out for a little bike ride tonight. With the long winter, wet spring, and just too busy with other things I had a hard time egging them out. We were all glad to go for a little spin!
I'm in my usual starting spot. Let's go!

The trails were dry but still tacky.

Grass is getting tall...

...the leaves are all out. Not typical for the first ride!

Ya this is a last in the day romp at Tech trails.

They were so slow, I was thinking of passing.

Snow! This is Houghton city snow dump found along the trail.  Its got a stream running under it.


I got to cool off in one of my favorite creeks.


It was great to go for a real run with my pack. Even if it was short!

I hope we ride again soon.

















Tomorrow we're going on the inaugural "Second Sunday hike", hosted by the Peter Wolfe Chapter of the North Country Trail. Will you join us? See you at 1:00 at the Canyon Falls rest area parking lot, located a few miles south of L'Anse on Hwy 41. This hike is trail mutt approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment