Monday, January 18, 2021

Saturday's snow hikes

 On Saturday, with a real lack of good snow for skiing, the pack got out for a couple hikes instead. With the recent weeks of day-time above freezing and night-time below freezing temps, the base is quite crusty-hard so walking is pretty good but skiing rather poor.

In the morning we headed for Boundary Rd.
to hike the Pilgrim Watershed trail.

Tea time!  Look up: See how snow broke that tree over long ago?

Snow is reasonable here but skiing on ice is sketchy.

Almost to the picnic table.

And we roll and roll again.  Snow is so good for that!

Then I heard someone skiing up to us.

You know I like kids.

They know how to get me cranked up.

Ya Gunnar we can tussle!

I hope we see you again soon.

In the afternoon, we went to the Nara park so Gromit could get out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



I like to be here so kids will run their fingers through my coat.

Oh ya, I like adults too!

Ya I'll rub up on you.

Here comes Gromit.

I made all the social rounds today.

Arly will sneak one photo in of Gary's new
drill press at the Hancock school metal shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment