Saturday, January 13, 2018

Saturday afternoon in Spring Creek gorge

On Saturday afternoon after Arly got home, we hopped in the breadbox and headed out for a romp down the Spring Creek gorge.
We started at High Point Rd., on the Maki Trail.

The sun even came out some.

Hey! I've never been down here before.

This is one of my favorite romps.

I'll pack the trail for her.

Down in this gorge, we were out of the wind. It was gorge-ous!

Last week the snow melted some then froze.
Then we got more snow but bounding on this firm base is easy.

This way Sandy!

An adventure for all.

We crossed the creek many, many times....easily!

Gromit! I think I can smell who walked by here earlier.

The gorge is much deeper than Arly's photos appear.

Sometimes, tracking leaves you with a snowy snout. I don't mind though.

Hey! Here's a spot we can't cross easily.

OK we went a different way. We'll call it, the scenic route!

The snow is hiding all the bank wash-outs.

Water was flowing here.

We stopped for a little break.

Young dogs don't need breaks! Especially if they are hunters.

Hey!  Someone went up this bump!

 I can smell every footprint.

Maybe I can find who left them.

Where'd he go?
Meanwhile, older dogs appreciate tea time.
 
We found a good crossing.

The 4-leggeds had to lead the way, as usual.

We finished our trek back on the Villi Maki trail.

Gromit, are we almost back?

Oh ya, almost there.

We had such excellent romps today. Hopefully tomorrow will be as fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment