Saturday, December 19, 2015

Twin Lakes snow bounding

My lame pack decided to not do trail clearing, but rather head west to Twin Lakes to see if the snow was deep enough for bounding.   I did that while they skied their usual pace: slow.
Snow was looking better up in the high country.

The ski trail is behind the DNR garage.
I've met the friendly DNR staff before.
Hey! Looks pretty good to me.
Let's go!  The trail is this way!
Oh, the snow is good up here.

This is my favorite early season snow romping spot.

All paw drive does require occasional maintenance.

After hunting off-trail, I join them for a bit...

...ya, I blew right past her.

I could leap and bound in this stuff all day.

Which way shall we go?


I smell a mouse!


I'm a water dog you know.

And this is Lake Superior water.

I take a break now and then.
No problem for a winter dog to relax in the snow.

We stop for snacks, as usual.  I'm on the left!

Trails needs some maintenance...

You can see that the wind blew from the west.

Lake effect snow does this.


I hope we ski again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment