Sunday, May 26, 2013

NCT clearing adventures!

On Saturday of the Memorial holiday weekend, my pack and Mark R. ventured to the North Country trail at the O-Kun-De-Kun falls off of highway 45 to clear that section of it.
These guys look sooooooo serious.  Come on let's go!


It started out wet but hey, I'm a water dog.  But they didn't appreciate it like I do and turned around.  Then we came in from the other side.

This pole saw came out many times today.
And all these shoots and bad ol hawthorn
bushes came down, chop, chop, chop.


Some most friendly hikers from MN came
by just to scratch me. I love that!

We stopped at the falls for lunch

Could it get any better than this??!!

I smelled the salami.  THAT would be better...

We couldn't have gotten this done without Mark's help.
I love him!

Trail work isn't all about work, we stopped to
smell the flowers...




...and see the birds too.
I say Arly is pudgy but don't tell him I said that.

These guys are gawking at the high flowing
Baltimore river.


















What a grand day to be out on the trail and  making them nicer for the hikers. And we did see many friendly ones here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment