Sunday, September 17, 2017

Day two-n-three in Ely MN!

Oh ya.
We stopped by the Olson's house on our way out to their camp.
This is their camp's driveway.
A wind had been through and blown all the trees over.

I found a bench for more convenient scratching.

John and his long time friend, Dickie O.

Dickie says, I'll show you the shack. It was nice!

The next day, we went to the Minnesota Discovery Center in Chisholm.

They had an army tank outside.
It was a really nice historical museum of MN,
with lotsa info about its iron ore mining heritage.

The next day, I finally got groomed.

It was fun, because Jason helped.

 
Ya, you can pet me too.

I never had such a fun hair cut before.

Then, we went to the Soudan Underground Mine tour.

Just an idea of the space miners worked in.

Zoom! In on the skips.

Pete was a great tour guide.

We had such a good time, 689 feet below sea level.

Daniel and John gaze into the original open pit, dug in the 1880's.

Later, at home, Jason threw the ball for me!
Ya, I'm fast, for a 10 y.o.

He helped me stay hydrated too. We're best buddies, ya know.

The next morning, the pack took a little hike on the Trezona Trail. We met some Vermilion students. They were learning to measure trees. We wondered if they would find any large enough.

Later on, we hiked at Hidden Valley. It was all nicely mowed.

The best part of every day, of course, was the kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment