Monday, July 17, 2017

More NCT trail work fun!

Saturday's weather was kind of warm out but late in the afternoon, I seen that the camper was being loaded. Could this mean we're heading back to Gardner road for more trail clearing adventures??!!   It's been a wet summer, so it's been taking us much longer than usual, to clear our portion of the North Country Trail.    I do love being out there ya know.
Late in the afternoon, the humidity was low so Sandy is clearing
a FS trail just to get to the NCT.
We'd never had to do that before and it's muddy! 

A few hours of whacking, we made it!

We just got to the trail and took a break, then I spied a hiker
coming from the west!

He was friendly, so I invited him to camp with us tonight.

We stayed a bit longer and whacked weeds on the trail.


Back at camp, I learned his name was Pete and from Moline IL.
I love getting to know friendly hikers ya know.

Sandy checked out his MRE food.
We had SO MUCH fun getting to know him.

The next morning we bid our farewells. 
Are we going to see you again Pete? I hope so!

We got back to the trail which we had whacked out to yesterday
and found trees across our trail.

In fact many of them, but today we're just throwing
the debris off and knocking the weeds down.

Sandy says we've logged over 100 hours this year.
Ya, we've been here lots this year.

We did made it to Darling creek!
The last time out here, we had got here from the west.

Late that day, we spied a car pulling in.
It's Dean and Bubba! We were so glad they stopped in.
 Bubba is "The Mayor of Mass City", ya know so it was quite an
honor for them to visit us part time residents!

Oh ya, I really am a lap dog.

I love these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment