Sunday, June 12, 2016

Camp and trail clearing adventurers!

On Saturday afternoon I spied clothing bags, camp supplies and trail clearing gear being moved towards our little camper.  This could only mean camping at Gardner RD and North County trail clearing!  
Tail mutts stay close by to assure they'll get along.

At Gardner road, first thing is weeds are knocked down
to help reduce the bug count.

Then camp gets set up and a fire started.  

Trails mutts are all about camping ya know.
This is a NCT parking lot we commonly stay at. Its wonderful!

Then we made a quick excursion down to Tank creek to see
 the grass depth.

Oh ya, I got a drink here.

With all the rain we've had, the grass has been growing good.

The fire was stoked up for cooking.

Oh dear, this does looks good!  Sandy is doing toast as well.

It was a gorgeous summer evening.

Looks about done to me.

They sipped on Plum wine from Lake Annie Orchard.
Huuummmmm good.

Our buddy Dean came by to visit!  He scratches me some.

Then I spied a mouse.

The next morning I was ready to go! Even though the owls and coyotes made a racket all night long.

The Tank Creek grass is being cut down.

Sandy's knocking them weeds-n-trees down.

We got about 3/4 of a mile done today.
 
 
Now we're back to camp and packing again.

It's been quite a day on the trail and my eyes are getting heavy.

Just down the road we stopped to see this sign.
A gal went missing near here in 1993.

This is her picture up close.
She looks friendly but her story makes me sad.

On the way home, we stopped for a brief adventure near Twin Lakes.

Wyandotte falls!   We'd never been here before.

They were roaring and scary, but pretty.

Maybe we can ski here this coming winter! I love winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment