Friday, November 13, 2015

3rd Annual Porkies backpacking adventure!

From October 31st to November 4th, we were on our Porkies fall cabin to cabin hike!
Sorry that we've been slow getting this up.
Sandy made us stand out in the drizzle for a photo.
  
We're getting ready to go.
The drizzle increased to a rain as we left.








There was some friendly hikers here.
They were going cabin-to-cabin like we were.

Arly, let's go!

Ya, a little rain doesn't slow down a trail mutt.

The first crossing of the Little Carp,
with the luxury of a bridge...

...unlike the second crossing!

I spy a funny RED fungus.

We're almost to the Greenstone Falls cabin!

After we got in, Arly wast tired and took a nap.

By the next morning, the rain had finally stopped.

More friendly hikers!  You know I love them!
I got to meet Rhonda and Phil from Duluth.

Off we go, headed to the Big Carp 6 bunk.

Our first unbridged crossing of the day.

I leap the log just as well with my pack as without.
Here comes Phil!

Our 2nd unbridged crossing...although, I don't need any bridge really.

Along the Little Carp we hike.

I don't get out much, ya know. Hikes make me giddy!

We stopped at the lake shore and made tea
with Dan's pop can stove.
I had a squirrel cornered in this rock!
Hunting dogs can do that.

This is such a pretty spot.

This is along the Lake Superior trail.

We made it!

We'd not stayed in this cabin before.
OK, now I get to have this darn ol pack off.

Arly goes to work on the fire wood supply.

Meanwhile, I had much more important work.

Many hours of hiking and hunting do make a
trail mutt tired.

We gazed out on the Big Lake as the sun went down.

Ya, I love this lake.

We love the Big Carp 6. It's our new favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment