Sunday, July 10, 2011

The best vacation ever!

For the 4th of July the pack hopped into the Bread Box with intentions of doing some camping and biking, then visiting Sandy's family in northern MN. What I was looking most forward to was the kid-immersion weekend!
My pal, Danny.

He didn't mind me sitting on his lap...I love that!

The whole fam.

Oh what is he doing now??

They made sure I always had fresh water close by.

These kids were the best!
Danny, Jason, Erika Brandsma, Sarah
All in all, it was a great weekend. We spent most of it outside in the yard since it was so pleasant, although I wouldn't have complained about a nice swim. If only I could get the 2-leggeds to the lake! Anyway, we don't often get Sandy's whole family together, so we were all pleased with the visiting (and playing!) of the weekend.

As for biking, we did get out for a short (HOT!) jaunt on the new trails in Duluth's Lester Park. Other than lots of mud holes and a complete lack of signs (maybe we're supposed to be orienteering??) it was a nice little ride. Of course I did get to cool off in the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment