Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Monk's trail spring adventure

On Sunday we joined Mark's gang for a "hike" on the Monk's trail near Eagle River.   This is unusual for us, because the snow here is rarely firm enough for a adventure like this without snowshoes or skis.
I was told to sit here and wait.
I am overly social, so this was pretty hard!

Me and Bella are off!

Which way should we go?

We inspected the trout pond.  What do ya think Dave?!

I think I'll have a drink of snow.

The underground spring warmed the ground and
made that cool design in the snow.

At Jacob's Creek gorge.

Got some for me, Greg?

Me and Bella vied for Lisa's attention...

...and Mark's...

...and Kim's!

We hiked down stream.

As they looked at the lake, I took a refreshing snow bath.

This hard snow is good for snout rubbing, too.

Little open water maybe?? Or just some puddles anyway.

Lisa swears she's gonna have more adventure this year.

I stayed safely away from the edge of the torrent.

 
Now we're at the Arnold Mine ruins.

Few poor rock piles poking through.


We had such a nice romp here today.

On the drive home...the lake shore reminded us of a moon scape!


No comments:

Post a Comment