Monday, January 14, 2013

Another excellent trail adventure!


 On Sunday January 13th, the pack bade fare-well to Bob and the gang at Wolverine Village and pointed the bread box Honda towards the Gogebic Ridge Trail. This 6.6 mile long trail is just north of Bergland and was built in 1976 by the Youth Conservation Corps. Since I love kids so much, I just knew this had to be a most excellent trail for an adventure...
The trail head on M-64
Cool rock formation within a hemlock forest

This was a most excellent vermin-viewing location.

It was 10 degrees...but I was hot!

A snow bath is always invigorating...

Plowed forest road seemed out of place

A hunting dog can never rest.

I led the way to adventure all day!

I investigated the weird fungus.
FINALLY! At the Houghton County line, we hit lake effect snow.


The heavy snow was the best welcome home ever.






Ya, snow dogs appreciate weather like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment